What is the recruiting process?
- Resume Screening -- Mock Class -- Contract Signing -- Launch
What are the required qualifications?
- • BA degree or higher
- • At least one ESL teaching certificate: TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, etc
- • Experience teaching children (minimum of 1 year)
- • ESL experience
- • Native English speaker from the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand
- • Desire to engage and inspire young learners
Where and what devices do I need to teach?
- You can teach at any quiet place with a clean background and stable wired internet connection. All you'll need is a computer that meets our specifications, HD External camera or HD integrated camera, and a noise-cancelling headset. We will provide the rest.
What are the technical requirements?
- • Operating system - Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. MAC OS 10.8x
- • CPU - Intel Core i3 above CPU
- • Memory - at least 4GB RAM
- • Network - Wired DSL Internet Connection – at least 20 Mbps Download and 20 Mbps Upload speed required
- • Flash Version - download the latest version
- • Software - PPT or Keynote, Adobe Acrobat, Zoom
How soon can I expect the reply after submitting my application form?
- Our Teacher Recruitment Team will get back to you within 48 hours upon receiving your application.
How can I prepare for the Mock Class?
- The Mock Class is conducted via Zoom, a video conference platform which can be downloaded from https://www.zoom.us/download. You may join the meeting room using the meeting ID received without signing up. The lesson material will be included in the mock invitation and to enable you to prepare.
What type of classes do you offer?
- We offer both Trial Class and Regular Class.
Trial Class is the very first class which enable potential students to experience our lessons before they purchase any course packages. All new teachers start by teaching trial classes upon completion of the Trial Class training.
Regular class is a type of class that consists of at least 25 lessons with 1-3 fixed students in a group.
Do I need to plan for lesson?
- Lessson materials will be provided. However, you will be required to familiarize yourself with the lesson materials ahead of each class. Necessary props or supplementary materials are encouraged.
How long is 1 lesson?
- Every lesson is 50 minutes.
How many students are there per class?
- There are usually 1-3 students in one class.
Do I need to communicate with parents?
- No direct communication between teachers and parents is needed. Your Trial Support (TS) will serve as a liaison for your Trial Class and your Class Support (CS) will serve as a liaison for your Regular Class.
What is the minimum number of hours that I need to teach for?
- You are required to provide at least 8 hours per week with a minimum of 4 hours during every Friday, Saturday or Sunday, 19:00-21:00 Beijing time.
What are the available time slots?
- The schedule we offer is very flexible. There are mornings, evenings and weekends time slots for you to choose from. Opening more peak time slots from 19:00 - 21:00 every day, will increase the speed of your initial booking rate.
Class time: (Beijing Time/GMT+8)
• Weekdays: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
• Weekends: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
How does the scheduling work?
- Students book lessons according to your available hours. You can find your scheduled lessons on your teacher portal. Make sure you have opened as many as possible peak time slots as this will help facilitate the scheduling process.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Rules and regulations about the cancellation policy can be found both in your future Service Agreement and Teacher Portal. Limited time off in your 6-month contract period is allowed but will require sufficient prior notice.
How much can I earn?
- Your salary will be a combination of base pay and performance-based incentives.
You are encouraged to open more peak hours slots to increase your booking rate which will subsequently increase your income. Some of our teachers make $3000+ per month.
When and how will I be paid?
- Payment is submitted by the 15th of the following month for the previous month's paycheck through Payoneer or Bank Transfer as per your preference (the registration link of your Payoneer account will be sent to you from our Payment Team after you are launched.) The arrival date greatly depends on your banking institution. In the case of holidays/weekends or other factors, payment may be delayed by up to a few days.
Do I need to pay tax?
- You are considered a legal independent contractor and you are responsible for your own taxes in accordance with your individual tax jurisdictions or state laws.
What currency options do I have?
- You are paid in US dollars through Payoneer or bank transfer which enables you to exchange US dollars to your local currency.
How do I qualify for a pay raise?
- A pay raise evaluation will be conducted every 12 months. Your overall performance review and the number of opened time slots will be taken into consideration when conducting the evaluation. If the result is found to be satisfactory, you will qualify and subsequently be given a raise.