- What is the recruiting process?
- Resume Screening -- Interview -- 1st Mock Class -- Contract Signing -- Self-Training -- 2nd Mock Class (paid) -- Launch
- What are the required qualifications?
- • BA degree or higher
- • Experience teaching children (minimum of 1 year)
- • At least one teaching certificate: TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, etc.
- • ESL experience
- • Native English speaker from native English-speaking countries
- • Desire to engage and inspire young learners
- What materials do I prepare for the application?
- Latest resume, profile photo, teaching certificate(s), personal introduction video (max 3mins), passport copy.
- Where can I teach?
- Any quiet place with a clean background and stable internet connection.
- What devices do I need?
- All you’ll need is a well-operated computer, HD External camera or HD integrated camera, stable wired internet connection, and a noise-cancelling headset. We will provide the rest.
- What are the technical requirements?
- • Operating system- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. MAC OS 10.8x
• CPU- Intel Core i3 above CPU
• Memory-at least 4GB RAM
• Network- Wired DSL Internet Connection – at least 20 Mbps
• Flash Version- download the latest version
• Software- Microsoft PowerPoint or Keynote, Adobe Acrobat, Zoom
- How soon can I expect the reply after submitting my application form?
- If your application is found qualified, you'll hear from our Teacher Recruitment Team within 48 hours upon receiving your application form. If not, we appreciate your interest and encourage you to pursue other job opportunities.
- Secondary Positions
- We have other available non-teaching positions open to launched teachers, such as content developers, course evaluators and teacher trainers. We welcome teachers to apply for these positions. Details will be given upon requests from the interested teachers.
- How is the interview conducted?
- All interviews are conducted via Zoom, a video conference platform which can be download from https://www.zoom.us/download. You may join the meeting room using the provided meeting ID without signing up. The meeting ID will be provided upon your confirmation of the interview time.
- How can I prepare for the interview?
- For the first interview, prior research on the position is encouraged to be done.
For the mock class, you're expected to demonstrate your teaching skills and abilities by using the teaching materials provided. Lesson materials will be included in the mock invitation.
- What is a Trial Class? Will I be paid?
- Trial Class is intended for new students who haven't signed up for our regular classes yet. You will still get a base pay and a trial conversion bonus. And most of the launched teachers will be assigned trial classes first before getting any regular classes.
- Do I need to plan for lesson?
- Lesson materials will be provided. However, you're required to familiarize yourself with the lesson material ahead of the class. Necessary props or supplementary material is encouraged.
- How long is 1 lesson?
- Every lesson is 50 minutes.
- How many students will I be teaching in 1 lesson?
- There are usually 1-3 students in one class, mostly 2.
- Do I need to communicate with parents?
- No direct communication between teachers and parents is needed. Your Trial Support (TS) will serve as a liaison for your trial classes and your Class Support (CS) will serve as a liaison for your regular classes.
- What is the minimum number of hours that I need to teach for?
- You're required to provide least 8 hours per week with a minimum of 4 hours during every Friday, Saturday or Sunday, 19:00-21:00 Beijing time.
- What are the available time slots?
- The schedule we offer is very flexible. There are mornings, evenings and weekends time slots for you to choose from. By opening more peak time slots from 19:00-21:00 every day, you would probably get a higher booking rate.
Class time: (Beijing Time/GMT+8)
• Weekdays: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
• Weekends: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- How does the scheduling work?
- Students book lessons according to your available hours. You can find your scheduled lessons on your teacher portal. Make sure you have opened as many as possible peak time slots which will facilitate the scheduling process.
- What is the Cancellation Policy?
- Rules and regulations about the cancellation policy can be found both in your Service Agreement and under your teacher portal. For detailed information, you may reach to Teacher Support Team (TS&CS).
- How much can I earn?
- Your salary will be a combination of the base pay and the performance-based incentives.
You're encouraged to open more peak hours to increase the booking rate thus to gain more income (as much as USD3000 and even more!!).
- When and how will I be paid?
- Payment is submitted monthly by the 15th of every month for the previous month's paycheck through bank transfer or Payoneer as per your preference (the registration link of your Payoneer account will be sent to you from our Payment Team after you get launched). The arrival date depends greatly on your banking institution. In case of holidays/ weekends/ other factors, payment may be delayed by a few days.
- Do I need to pay tax?
- You're considered a legal independent contractor and you're responsible for your own taxes in accordance with your individual tax jurisdictions or state laws.
- Do I get paid in US Dollars?
- You are paid in US dollars through Payoneer or bank transfer which enables you to exchange US dollars to your local currency.
- How long is the contract? Can I take some time off?
- The first contract lasts 6 months. Limited time off in one contract period is allowed but with sufficient prior notice required.
- What if I want to resign?
- Resignation is not encouraged. Unexpected resignation is not allowed. You're required to notify us at least 30 days in advance of your intention to resign.
- How do I qualify for a pay raise?
- A pay raise evaluation will be conducted every 6 months. Your overall performance review and the number of opened time slots will be taken into consideration when conducting the evaluation. If the result is to be found satisfactory, you'll be qualified for a pay raise.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wish you all the best luck in the application process!